About the Seminar:
According to the National Institute for Women & Technology, as at 2017, “women held 57% of all professional occupations, yet they held only 25% of all computing occupations. And the numbers are even lower when considering women of color; for example, Latinas, Black & African women hold only 1% and 3% of these jobs, respectively.
Furthermore, even fewer women are found in software development, technology leadership, or the other kinds of key roles that have a significant influence on future innovation. Consider that 88% of all information technology patents (from 1980–2010) are invented by male-only invention teams while only 2% are invented by female-only invention teams.
This seminar organised in partnership with EMPRETEC Guyana aims to address the issue of lack of women in technology in Guyana; particularly providing an actionable framework for entrepreneurship pathways within IT.
Who Should Attend:
This one day seminar is aimed at entrepreneurs or individuals seeking to grow or start a business in IT through cost-effective digital strategies.
At the end of this seminar, participants will have clear ideas of business start up entry points in IT. Some topics covered include:
- Digital Marketing & Online Advertising
- Social Media Management
- Starting & Maintaining an Online Business
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Blogging & Content Creation
- Web Design & Programming
- Selling Online: eCommerce Stores
- Digital/Cloud Service Delivery
Hear from Previous Participants
Participants will leave this session equipped with knowledge of business opportunities in IT for women. Specifically, individuals will learn how to start a new business with less than $1000 USD. Existing Business Owners can also learn how to:
- Create digital strategies with high ROI that are closely aligned to the core business objectives.
- Increase online visibility and bottom-line profitability through social media.
- Acquire, retain and extend customers through digital avenues
- Provide rich customer experiences through creation of engaging content
- Acquire new skills for entry into a new industry as a Digital/Social Media Marketer
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in the digital, social & mobile marketing industry.
Previous Event Reviews
I really enjoyed the practical approach to the class. Tremendous amount of information and hands-on exercises. Everything was excellent. This class has enhanced my digital marketing strategy for my business.Aleem Yatali
Ministry of Agriculture, Trinidad & Tobago
I loved the practical application of course content and quality of information shared. I have learnt how to implement social media campaigns, establish brand presence and create email marketing campaigns.Gavin Cornwall
Avantgarde & Pan-American Life Insurance
I like the style of the facilitator. Conversational with practical exercises. The overall training was Excellent!
I wish to gain customers and manage my social media pages; sharing more quality content.Rori Heffes-Doon
Wedding Planner & Digital Marketing Course Delegate
- This training has revitalised and motivated me. Where I saw limits before, I now see so much potential and opportunity. Every area touched on was relevant, and is applicable in todays world dominated by social media. The teaching style is excellent and very engaging! It was intense, yet enjoyable.I intend to utilise all that was taught to redefine my brand and develop digital strategies for my companies, and create packages to cater to the needs of those I have the privilege to serve. Thank you for the positive impact you have had on my professional life.Alafia Whiskey
I enjoyed the hands-on practical aspect of the course. I now hope to reach the international market through a dedicated digital business strategy.Abena
The Digital Business Strategies training was very interactive. I will change my practice by implementing what I have learnt. read moreDeon A. Wills
Fire Service Credit Union
Wednesday, 11th July 2018
Registration required on a first come first serve basis
Date: Wednesday, 11th July | Time: 9am – 3.30pm